Monday, December 27, 2010

The Everything Christmas!

This holiday season has been....everything! The Lord continues to share many blessings.  It was wonderful to have a houseful of laughing, energetic people. We had a great time.  Christ was in our Christmas and we celebrated His birth and His life.  Where would we be without either?  It was so great to go to a candlelight service with Kristin and Aaron, sing Christmas caroles, hear the Word, have communion together and watch the most amazing artist transform her work from one portrait into another.  It was a very special, important time with loved ones.  A time I'll always be grateful I was able to be a part of.

Everyone that's on Facebook has already seen this amazing gift I received.  Aaron and I have talked several times over the last several months about his t-shirt collection.  He has created many and over the years we've collected many from the shows he's been involved with from high school and forward and those he's had from organizations he has supported through his talent and efforts.  It's quite a collection and I didn't want them to just disappear.  They represent a history of what has been and is important in the life of our son.  They tell a story of his life and what he believes in. I had thought that I might take some of these shirts and design teddy bears for the Children's Oncology ward at the hospital.  Aaron had a different idea.  He worked with his mother-in-law Ruth, who is an absolute artist when it comes to sewing, and created a quilt for me that is beyond description.
Every single square is a story.  It's a lifetime of memories that I will cherish forever! Here are a few shots of single panels to give you and idea of how spectacular this gift really is.

The Platapus
The Serious Question
Choose Joy signed by the "Lost Dogs"





working days left until retirement. I'm off this week beginning the preparation to relocate to Aaron and Kristin's.  The transition will give us time to spend with the kids and help them out and at the same time help us get our things organized and packed. I'm really looking forward to the time of being together. A time of sharing and talking, of helping when I can, a time of feeling like I'm able to do something besides just sitting by and watching it all happen.  We'll have time to play games, play Wii, have meals together, laugh and share stories, create new memories. We're not living in a dream world here.  We've talked and know that there will be challenges along the way.  There will be times when we all want a break.  During those times we'll go to our own "corners" and chill out.  It's going to be more of a time of "what will be right" than one of "what could go wrong".

Today begins another step in our journey.  A journey that only God knows where the rocks are.  A journey where every step is a step of faith counting on my heavenly Father to show me the rocks.



No comments: