Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Day 6-9? I've Lost Count

By the time I booked our hotel last night for tonight and played an hour of slots, I didn't have a brain cell left to post a blog so I'll begin this morning and try my best to get in step again tonight.  Guess not, Ray's out of the shower and about ready to go and I'm running out of computer power.  I'll have to do it all tonight.  See you then!

Okay, two days late but finally an opportunity to blog.  I've been taking pictures so I could share on FB as we drove along.  However, we've not had phone coverage through Nevada, Utah and now Wyoming. They do have some beautiful scenery of mountains, flat, mountains, flat, Great Salt Lake, mountains and flat!  No cell phone towers though.  The desk clerk here in Laramie WY says that it picks up and is fine east of Colorado so this afternoon we should be fine. I did manage to capture a few.

Road to NV, UT & WY.  Do you see a cell tower?
Ray has been doing all the driving because he says it's more comfortable for his left knee.  For some reason there is more leg room on the driver's side.  We put Jamison's bed right behind the passenger seat on top of a suit case and the bag of laundry (it's about time to do that too).  He's high enough he can see out all of the windows and is perfectly content.  He can curl up or stretch out, look out the windows or sleep.

We bought a book on tape, can't remember the title right now, but it's a murder mystery and we listened through all three states and it concluded about 20 minutes before we arrived in Laramie.  I think I would enjoy Wyoming more if I could see cowboys in cowboy hats but all I see are guys in big trucks and ball caps!  Kinda ruins the illusion of the wild, wild west.

"There's got to be more to see than flat land.  Not even a cow to bark at!"
We made one amazing stop yesterday in Wyoming. Both for Ray and me.  We found the little church where he was youth and music minister when the pastor told him he was leaving for Watsonville CA and asked Ray if he's like to go with him and serve with him.  If Pastor Claybrook has not followed the Lord's leading and asked Ray to go with him chances are I would not have met Ray nor shared the last wonderful 40 years with him.  I am so thankful they both listened.  The church was much smaller that I had imagined over the last 40 years and they have added an addition.  The town is now 11,000+ but back in the late 60's Ray says there were less than 2,000 people.  It was a railroad town then and is today. It was an amazing piece of history connection for me and has made this entire trip worth while.  If I don't see anything else, that made the trip for me.  We both stood and looked and got teary-eyed.  It was amazing to be able to see it together.  These types of things are the reasons for this trip for me.  For Ray, I think it's being able to fill all the "holes" of things that I feel like I need to fill. It's the best anniversary gift we could have ever given to each other.  And to think, this is just the beginning.  How great is that!  I truly thank the Lord for this opportunity and I'm sorry that I ever doubted that he would fill this desire of my heart.


Today we're headed to Grand Island WY.  Thank heavens for TomTom...I don't know what we'd do without him.  I just make the motel reservations the night before, give Tom the address and bingo...we drive right up to the motel.

Thanks for following along.  Please remember Aaron and Kristin in your prayers.  Things are not getting easier and I know that Aaron is hurting more than he is letting on because I know he probably thinks he'd ruin the trip for us if he really told us what is going on and we appreciate that but we're his dad and mom and we know he's in a lot of pain.

Thanks for all your prayers and encouragement.  Talk with you soon.

1 comment:

Da Sorbs said...

what an amazing answer to prayer - thanks for the encouragment for all of us that are waiting for God to fulfill His promises in our lives. Continue to have a great trip and enjoy your journey!