Sunday, April 21, 2013

Reality in a Mirror

Good morning son! What a beautiful day. The sun is out and the leaves are showing on the trees. Spring is working very diligently to break out everywhere. Although, I did have to cover all my new plants on the porch due to freezing last night. What's up with that? 

I said on Facebook this last week, "Is is bad that my house looks like it needs a housekeeper and all I want to do is paint? Too bad!? I must say however, that only works so long. If I don't do some housekeeping tomorrow, with dad's help, we're going to have to plant a garden in here. 

Yesterday, I finished another chair and started the kitchen table. Dad's been waiting since I finished the kitchen chairs. I finished all the painting. Today I'm doing the table top. He's asked that I mod podge the top with some of his old sheet music. Last night we sat down and went through it all and picked out some pieces. We've had it for over 25 years and some of it was older than that when we bought it so we might as well use some of it. I think it's going to be really great when I get it done.

Flower stand
Flower drawers
I could paint every day and still have more projects to do. However, once the table is complete the other projects will be for building up stock to sell. I love the raised flower boxes I made out of old dresser drawers. This next Saturday dad and I are going to begin our garage sale, flea market, dumpster diving, side of road salvaging extravaganza of Spring and Summer. Some of the best items we've found have been left on the side of the road here. Some garbage days it's like a treasure trove for the pickin'. You can leave anything, and I mean anything, out for the garbage here and they pick it up: couches, hot water heaters, dressers, old lumber, plants. You name it and they'll pick it up. 

Flower stand
And, so can anyone else. It's a hoot and like I said, we've found some great things to recycle.Well, enough of the chit-chat, oh wait, that's what we do every Sunday morning isn't it. Well truth is, I chit but you don't do much of the chat. You use to be able to work that right in. You knew the exact moment when I wast going to take a breath and you would jump right in. We had some great conversations didn't we. I miss those two-way conversations every day, but, I'm okay and can now actually say it and smile.

Kristin told dad she has mailed him your old Monopoly game pieces. He's very excited. I'm keeping my eyes open for an old printer's drawer so he can display them in his study. It was just too expensive to mail the cases too.They're suppose to arrive next week and he's looking forward to looking through them and having them close.


Aaron and his dad
I need to talk with you about something. Dad and I are going to begin visiting some churches in the area next Sunday. That will mean that our Sunday morning conversations  will need to happen at another time during the week. I know that will be okay with you, but I'm having a little "twitch" about it. Dad and I agree that it's time to find a church. It's been a long time. We don't have any great aspirations other than to go worship and fellowship. If the Lord has something else, He'll let us know. We've found a small  Baptist church in Rensselaer. Dad and the pastor have talked a couple of times. We drove by last week. It's quite an old building and they only have about 25 members. I do have to admit that at first I balked a little. Another small church and all seniors. Then the Lord softly...slapped me upside the head, and said, "I just could have something for you there. These are my faithful servants you're talking about.  Go!" I got the message. Besides that, I had to laugh when I turned my nose up at the fact everyone was a senior as I turned around and looked in the mirror. FBC Rensselaer NY

Mother's Day is right around the corner and I want to warn you ahead of time, that's the most difficult day of the year for me. That's the day I miss you the most. You always made Mother's Day so very special. From the first Mother's Day after you were born dad always made sure it was a very special day for me. As you got older, you always continued to make it a very special day. I don't think they'll be tears this year, but if there are we'll just deal with it.


God continues to provide and bless us. We're looking forward to trying our hand at Saturday Market here in Troy. I'm looking forward to the buying part; fresh fruits and veggies and dad is looking forward to the selling part; refreshed, re-purposed and re-painted items. A good project for Spring and Summer. A chance to refresh, re-purpose, and "re-paint" things in our lives.To reuse the old skills in a new way.

I love you son. Always have, always will. Have a great week in heaven. I'll be in touch . Until then, I love you, be Aaron. Love mom











No comments: