Sunday, May 19, 2013

Another Day, Another Fairy Garden!

Good morning son! How's things in heaven? Things are good here. We're planting and planting and planting. Guess I should really think about a tomato plant or two and maybe some lettuce to keep us going through the summer.  

Josie's been here this weekend and she's been making fairy gardens for her two teachers at the end of school. She started with red baskets from the Dollar Store. She added a red
Josie building fairy gardens
geranium, painted her own fairy houses with "jewels" all over them, added, blue glass pebbles, bark, moss, a little bird in the top of the geranium and a butterfly "flying" over the garden . It was beautiful outside so we were able to do most of the work outside on the porch. Then, for her, the fun really began. She added stickers all around the basket!  She's colored Hello Kitty pictures, painted more birdhouses, painted hearts and glued wooden ladybugs and leaves on them, played computer games before she went to bed and watched some Disney At about 10:15 last night she fell asleep saying "auntie, I can't go to sleep" and slept until 8am this morning when she got up and came and crawled in bed with me. We lay there and laughed and giggled and she told me all about Fairy Beary.


This morning we've already had breakfast. Josie's was a treat, her favorite donut from Duncan Donuts: glazed donut with chocolate frosting and rainbow sprinkles. We've fed, watered and let Biscuit out, let the chickens out, we'll actually, I think the raccoons let the chickens out. The screen was out of the window in the chicken coop and the chickens were in the yard. I know
some people think chickens are dumb, but they're smart enough to give you a run for your money when you're trying to get them to go where you want them to go! Dad closed up the window, we got the chickens back in the pen, got some gas and Josie has already painted two birdhouses so "we're off and running".

We've gone from beautiful day yesterday to rain today. It looks, from the weather report, as though we're going to have sun and rain off and on throughout this week.  Hope the rain's more off than on, I have a chandelier I need to finish painting!

We've accomplished a lot this week and thank the Lord for the energy He gives us to do what we do. I was even able to get out in the yard and begin pulling weeds around the peonies. They are loaded with buds this year and I can't wait for them to bloom. The lilac bushes are in full bloom and I need to pick some for the house. Maybe it will dry off enough this afternoon so I can pick a bouquet. Right now, I don't know if I could find a place to sit a vase though!. Everything that we could possibly get out  is out on the floor or my art table. We're going to have some cleaning up to do this afternoon but for now, we're watching some Disney. I think she's slowing down a little bit. If you can believe that!

I've painted a couple of signs this week. I used an old try from a high chair for one and my old cow wall hanging that I use to have in the dining room. I've painted another chair and did it in red,white and blue for dad for the porch. It came out really nice. I'm going to put a seat on this one though rather than leave it open for a planter. Now we need to get started on the back deck. I'd like to do some sort of fire pit on the back deck. We'll see how it goes.

Tuesday, May 21st is your Aunt Bonnie's birthday!
 
Happy Birthday Bonnie!

 Well, guess that's about it for this week. 

Until next week, be Aaron, love mom.

PS Dad has a virus on his computer, where are you when we need you? LOL













No comments: