Sunday, October 20, 2013

The Joy Journey Continues

Good morning son. My goodness, here it is Sunday again. What happened to Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Oh wait, I know, the same thing that's going to happen to Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week. We're packing it into boxes and filling U-Haul bins!

The Lord is good and gracious. Things are going very well and He leads and guides. Last Friday as I began loading the first U-Haul Box, two of the other residents here in our home, Ethan and Prudence came out and said they were going to help. What would have taken me at least three days, the three of us did in three hours. We did the basement first and then all the boxes in the house.We have one more Box and will have plenty of room for the remainder...including my kitchen table and chairs that I
really wanted to take but didn't think I had the room to. I've had it for sale on Craigslist since the decision to move, had a couple of inquiries but no serious lookers. God knew all along that He was going to give me the desire of my heart. I'm so glad I trusted. 

Dad was able to help pack some yesterday afternoon. His energy and breathing sometimes act up and he's not able to do much. The Lord has been so good to give me the strength and energy I need to get things done. I plan to clear off the front porch today and clean out planters to make room to put the boxes for Salvation Army's pickup on Wednesday. Once I get that organized I'll finish gathering the odds and end we have left to move, and they're not many. I need to "snag" Ethan again to see if he will help me load the kitchen hutch I painted and then I think I can handle everything else.I'd love to be able to take all my salvaged wood but that's not a good idea. I'll load it in the back of the Subaru and take it down to the roadside. It will be gone before I get back to the house.

I was going to start my outdoor project this morning and then "talk" with you this afternoon, but since it's rather cool outside right now I'm just sticking with the normal sequence. 

Poor Jamison. With all the movement and banging and noise of the tape and as tape boxes I don't think he knows what to think. He's either on his rug under my work table or on the back of the couch. It's been going on for a couple of weeks now and his happiest time is when I sit down on the couch to rest and he can snuggle or crawl up in my lap. Something must have clicked last Friday as we were loading the Box though. We, Ethan, Prudence and I had set up a sort of relay to get the boxes out to the Box which Ethan was loading. Prudence and I were carrying the boxes out to the front porch and when we got a stack Prudence would carry them from the porch to the Box where Ethan was loading. At one point Ethan needed items to fill in the "cracks" so I began carrying out our pictures we have packed. I carried out several loads and as I looked up to take the steps up the porch for another load, there stood Jamison at the head of the stairs. In front of him lay "Mr. Cone", his very favorite toy. Jamison willing shares everything he has with any dog that comes to visit, with the exception of Mr. Cone. The only other friend he has ever shared Mr. Cone with is Annie. Ron and Diane's dog. She can take it to be with her and he never says a word. Anyway, Jamison stood there on the porch and nudged Mr. Cone with his nose and looked up at me. My inference from this was, "If we go mom, Mr. Cone goes too!". I sat down and we had a "talk" about Mr. Cone going with him in the car but it wasn't time yet so we needed to take Mr. Cone back to the house until we were ready to go in the car. He turned around, picked up Mr. Cone and took him back to his rug under my work table and curled back up on the safety of his rug. Dad swears Jamison could talk if we'd spend time training him. He just might be right. Jamison has been one of the best gifts God has given us in the last few years. What a joy he is and we thank the Lord for him every single day. He and Annie get along so well. They're going to have a great time together. We'll probably never see Jamison. Ron
and Diane have a fenced yard. You know where he will be all day!!

 The weather here is changing rapidly. We've gone from warm Autumn to chilly Autumn. In the Northern states they are beginning to have snow already. Things are moving very quickly but our steps are sure and directed and we are forever thankful for a Heavenly Father who loves us and cares for us. 

Today is Allegra's 19th birthday! Wednesday is Sierra's 18th and Thursday is dad's 75th. I wanted to do something amazing for dad's birthday this year. I guess a 3,400 mile trip across country counts!! Just as the Lord continues to prepare us for this road trip He continues to prepare the way before us for the heavenly road trip too. Dad has so many more things He wants to do for the Lord and he is extremely excited about the things He knows the Lord has waiting for Him in California. It's good to see him full of life and wanting to tell the world about Jesus. Please continue to pray that God will direct the doctors in CaCalifornia as we try to find out what's going on with dad physically. He's having a difficult time watching me pack and not being able to do as much as he wants to help. But it's like I've told him, I'd rather have him alive and breathing than putting him in a box! I know, bad joke, but dad laughed and I know you are!!

Until next week, be Aaron, love mom





























1 comment:

Traveler said...

Hello, Auntie Jan. I followed Aaron's blog when he was sick. I prayed for him, cried with him, and finally mourned for him. And then I found your blog and have been following you as well. I hope that doesn't sound creepy. Anyway, I've been patiently waiting for your next entry. I've been praying for your husband's health and for your journey home to California. I am worried that something has happened to keep you from blogging. You are both in my prayers.