Friday, November 12, 2010

Just for Today Lord

Well, here's this big blank page again...my mind is going in a thousand directions.  I need to shop for supplemental insurance for Ray, complete my 23 page application for my PERS retirement, attend a PERS meeting for those retiring within the next year, schedule a one-on-one meeting with PERS to make sure the 23 pages are filled out correctly, complete all my documentation work so my replacement will know what, how and why I did what I did, continue packing, get ready for Thanksgiving, get ready for Christmas, celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary, celebrate the  New Year, have my 62nd birthday and retire.  All within 46 remaining working days.  I think my life is going to continue to be quite full!

We spent the morning with the kids this morning.  Kristin and I went to lunch and Ray brought home lunch so he and Aaron could have lunch together.  We came back home and packed a few things.  Tomorrow I'll finish the bookcases and get them on Craig's List.  Today I listed the iron double bed in the spare room on Craig's List.  We're making progress.  The real scary thing is the garage.  Going out to the garage is like the little boy in Home Along going down to the basement!  I think that stuff actually multiplies when we're not looking.

I really love being at home. I love doing things in my home and spending time here.  I really love managing my own time and getting up when I want and going to bed when I want.  I use to be a morning person.  I'm finding I'm not really a morning person any more.  On the weekends if I get up and around by 10am I'm doing really good.  If I'm really lucky I talk Ray into getting in the shower before I do so I can write or read the paper and drink coffee just a little bit longer.  I use to be at work during the week by at least 7:15am.  Now I'm lucky if I drag my butt through the door right at 8am.  Sure doesn't seem to bother me though.  I'm sure glad we live within a mile of work or I'd probably be late every day.  That would be something for me.  I think I've only been late to work once in my entire work life.  Growing up, we were always at least a half hour early to everything.  You never knew when you'd have a flat tire on the way ya know.

Jamison is curled up on his favorite rug on the floor sound asleep.  Ray is reading...and evidently, I'm writing.  All is quiet with our world right now and it feels very peaceful.  I am so thankful for and have so very much enjoyed this laptop.  I can sit here with Ray and Jamison and do whatever I need to do and not have to go into the other room to do it.  Besides that, it's freezing cold in the studio and toasty warm here in the living room.

As you know, we've begun our annual pilgrimage through all of our Christmas movies.  We began with Home Alone then National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and last night Christmas Vacation 2 (I think they probably made that one out of boredom...at least that's why we finished it).  Tonight we watched one we'd never seen before, "The Christmas Cottage".  If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it.  It's the story of how Thomas Kincaid found his muse.  It's a great story and has a wonderful cast.

Well, enough babbling.  Time to get on with another Christmas movie.  See you later!

No comments: