Sunday, July 15, 2012

Moving forward

Good morning son! How are you? Something tells me everything is just great where you are. How is heaven this morning? Full of sunshine and rainbows? I bet it is. It's going to be stormy here today, weather-wise that is. The humidity is high and the dew point is high so it's going to be a muggy day. Dad and Jamison have already been on their walk. They went about 6:15 am this morning so they could beat the heat. Good thing they did. It's 7:30 am and 80 degrees already. Jamison is resting, sitting on the couch, looking at his windows to check in on his day.

It was a very busy week last week, just like always. We had a baby shower on Monday, a farewell party for another on Friday and a member's grandmother passed away. I'll go to the wake with Corey and Diane on Monday night. In the midst of it all, I missed a 6" step coming out the front of the office building and did my dance up and down the sidewalk trying to keep from falling on my face. I twisted ankles, knees, neck and back in 40 different directions. I'm sore and stiff but I didn't land on my knees so that's a good thing.

I've not been good about my walking and doing stairs this week. My knee hasn't wanted to hold going down the stairs for a couple of days so I've taken the elevator. I should be good by Monday so I can start again. Hearing my knee twist and turn trying to stay upright made me sick to my stomach, but, I made it. 

I'm having trouble getting my fingers going this morning. Dad thinks it's because I've cut way back on my ice-tea so he's making some. He and Jamison are getting ready to pick up a Sunday paper. We're working with Jamison more and more so that we don't have to put a harness and leash on him to go out to potty and to the car. He's been doing great. However, if he sees a deer, that could be another story! I hear the car start, guess they made it.


Terese friended me on Facebook yesterday. Dad and I were just talking this week about she and Dustin and how we miss sitting down and having a glass of tea with them. I was so glad she found me. She's wanting to catch up so I'll send her a message today and see how she's doing. They were such a big part of our family for so many years. We saw them almost every day. It's hard not to have them around. They were so good to you and Kristin. I know they miss you too.


So, ready for your mom's next move? No, not that kind of move. Just expanding the studio within the current house. I've outgrown my small studio and need more space to work. Our dining room, just outside my studio is used simply for a pass-through from the kitchen to the living room. Dad and I talked and I'm going to move my work table into the dining room. I'll rearrange things so that I can continue to use the dining room table as my project and cutting table. Most of the supplies can stay where they are. I just need more space and more natural light. I'll have to do a layout to see how I want things set up but it will be a great space. As it is right now, I have about a 2' square on my work table to lay out my projects to work. I don't even want to work in there because it's so crowded and I have no place to spread the work out. Careful....I know, you give me a working inch and I'll take a working mile. 


Auntie Di and grandma ended up in emergency again this week. Grandma was in so much pain she couldn't handle it. She thought it was in her back. They did x-rays and couldn't find anything. They sent her home with pain medication. Since then she realizes it's more in her hip than her back. She has a doctor appointment on Tuesday. Until then she's on pain pills.  Uncle Ron took the rest of the week off and went home to help Auntie Di. I'll let you know next week what the doctor says.


Oh, I forgot to tell you. A couple of weeks ago I drove up to the top of the hill to pick up dad and Jamison on their walk. It was hotter than they thought and Jamison was having some trouble. They were waiting by "Aaron's Rock". When I pulled up I noticed that a tree has sprouted and it looks as though it's growing right up through the rock. It would be so awesome if they leave it there and you have a tree growing over your rock for shade. It's really beautiful on top of that hill! I know you're not there, but it's a comfort to think that you are.


Until next week, be Aaron, love mom



 

No comments: