Sunday, March 31, 2013

He Is Risen!

I knew you'd appreciate this!
Son!! Good morning! Boy would I love to be a cloud in the sky this morning, drifting by and seeing all the excitement of Easter morning in heaven. What rejoicing there must be! He is risen! Are there any better words? What would our lives be had He not given us the gift of His life? Anyway, have a more than joyous day celebrating Easter. I miss making you your Easter basket. As you got older they did get smaller, but there was always a basket.

Dad and I have a very quiet day planned. I'm making mini egg cups for brunch and we'll pair them with fresh fruit. 

Bacon Wrapped California Omelet Bites
Recipe by Jen Comas Keck
What you’ll need:
4 whole eggs
12 egg whites
2 cups diced cooked chicken
12 slices bacon
1/2 red pepper, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
2 cups chopped fresh spinach
1 avocado, cubed (optional)
Salt and pepper
Nonstick cooking spray



How to make it:
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Cook the bacon in a pan over medium heat only until it's cooked through, but not crispy, about 5 minutes
3. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray and place one piece of the bacon in each tin, wrapping it around the outer edges.

Don't they look yummy? It's the first time he's had "bacon" in a couple of years. We usually eat turkey bacon. He tells me the water on his chin splashed up when he was washing dishes. But, I think it's drool!

Later today we'll make our trip up to "your rock" and have a "visit".  

We just talked with John and Nina. It's amazing how you can not talk with someone for so long and when you finally do it's as though no time has passed. John is going to have by-pass surgery. They meet with the surgeon on April 10th to get it scheduled and get the details. You know how much John hates hospitals. Pray for Nina...she's going to need it. John Jr., and Mike are doing fine. They brought us up to date on some of the families we knew when we went to Crescent. It was good to visit and thanks to you, we're going to set up the Skype camera and we'll be able to at least see each other as we visit.

The years at Crescent Baptist Church were some of the best. We learned so much, had a ball playing in Pinochle tournaments, soft ball all summer at the park, RAs (Royal Ambassadors), picnics, great teaching. Just such great times. Remember the singles group we had. Sixty of them with two guys. We taught them how to manage their checkbook, how to do minor plumbing, how to do minor car repairs, how to shop, had super great socials with all their kids, taught them God's basics for their lives and moved them more times than we can count. We all had some amazing times. I don't think it's over...I think God still has plenty for all of us to do. I think we just have to find it. Dad has been searching for a church here and next week we begin our visits. We'll begin with a very tiny one, 25 members, next week. The pastor called dad and they talked for quite a while and we promised we'd visit. We'll see where we go from there. God has a plan.

We're looking once again at the Troy Flea Market. TIGHT KNIT  it might be more than we can pull off right now cost-wise but we're going to check it out. I've been looking for something new to add to the items we can produce and sell. So, as I mentioned last week, I've been making "fairy houses" for fairy gardens. Fairy gardens are miniature gardens. Some people have
made them very, very tiny in gardening pots. Some have been made in old bathtubs, old wagons, anything that will enhance your garden. I'm also going to be trying my hand at brightly painted chairs that I will turn into planters for gardens and porches. Dad things I should add some sighs back in there. I'm up with that but I want to change the style a little, make them a little more rustic.

I can't wait to get started in our yard and on our porch this year. This afternoon I'm going to start the seedlings while dad is watching basketball. I'll still watch but for some reason, as you know, I must have my hands busy. I do have a perfect view from my work table though so all is good.

Hmmm, it just dawned on me that today is a good day to plan and work on gardens.  Easter began in a garden, so did life.


In The Garden
C. Austin Miles (1913)

I come to the garden alone
While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear falling on my ear
The son of God discloses.

And He walks with me and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

He speaks and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet that the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me
Within my heart is ringing.

And He walks with me and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.

I'd stay in the garden with Him
'Tho the night around me be falling
But He bids me go; through the voice of woe
His voice to me is calling

And He walks with me and He talks with me
And He tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there
None other has ever known.


Until next week, be Aaron, love mom & dad

 







No comments: