Monday, June 13, 2011

And the beat goes on!

 I say this very, very tentatively when I say, "we're up and running"!  When we signed up with Time Warner it appears it has changed some of our settings so we'll have to see if we can find everything again.  I am SO thankful to be on line again.  What a bummer that week was.

Everything is going wonderfully.  We had a super great weekend with family and friends.  Our brother and sister-in-law came down from Maine for the weekend.  It was a very full weekend. "Moving up" as they call it for Josie, Jamison and Hunter, an all school picnic that afternoon and then Jamison's play that evening. Sunday it was pouring down rain.  Some of the braver ones went to the soccer game; Ray and I stayed in and dry and then went to Corey's for a BBQ.

Sorry, couldn't find a picture of chicks in a bathtub!
Then, on Sunday morning,   The Troy 9 received 31 baby chicks via FedEx and we got a call, "HELP".  We finished our sandwich and headed over only to find that they had done a perfect job of setting things up....in the upstairs bathtub!  They now are down to 30 but the kids are having the time of their life.  Yesterday they were playing classical music to them because they had heard it would help them to learn to talk...boy I hope not.  30 more voices?!  Wow!

Well, Ray's computer is up and running as you can see, but we haven't found the router to connect the laptop yet but this is working fine for now.  I just set up Skype on his computer so he can talk with Aaron whenever he wants.  Things are moving slow.  Today the boys, Hunter and Jamison (and Diane because she's the one that gets them moving)  came over and helped us set up our new iron bed.  I bought all new quilt, shams, everything for the bed and then after it got set up today I decided I liked the old fashion bedspread I already had.  I'll just take all that stuff back and buy something else!

We bought a "child's gate" today so Jamison can play outside on the deck or the front porch.  He had a great time trying to find a way off the deck and out to the stack of wood where the woodchucks live.

We just got the TV hooked up.  I watched 30 minutes of HGTV yesterday and Ray watched 60 Minutes Sunday night.  Of course we're sitting in camping chairs to watch so it's not very comfortable.  Hopefully by the end of the week we'll have our new couch and chair in there and most of the boxes gone.  There are so many details to do that we seem to end up spending half our day getting those done.  Tomorrow I'm having a cabinet delivered for my "studio" to put, I hope, what will be most of my supplies.  The Goodwill's here suck!  They are small and even the large one we went to today has 99% clothes and very little else.  I think most of what we find is going to be at garage sales and Craigslist....which as you know, works wonderfully for me.

I just finished setting up Skype on Ray's computer.  Aaron had already set it up for me on the laptop but we didn't have it on Ray's.  It's so much nicer to be able to see the kids when were talking with them....and all of the rest of you too of course.  Please continue to keep our kids, Aaron and Kristin in your prayers. I know when you see Aaron he looks fine on the outside; please remember, he is in a great amount of pain and can use all the prayer support we can give him.

Corey has a new cupcake cookbook of 100 different kinds and has decided we need to set a specific amount of time and bake them all....and we're off!

No comments: