Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fun Times!

Josie on the runway!
Sunday I was invited to attend a fundraiser for the YWCA here in Troy. They were raising funds for their WIT program, Women In Transition.  The event was being hosted by none other than the Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group whose President is none other than, you guessed it, my niece, Corey Jamison.  Check out their website http://www.kjcg.com/the-firm/our-team/  Corey is currently the President of their YWCA Board of Directors. She believes in the work the YWCA does and so do I.  I'm looking forward to becoming more involved in helping women change their lives and the lives of their families for the better. Anyhoo, this year was the first annual YWCA Fashion Show. It was a lovely event and included local designers, caterers, jewelry designers and accessories...and best of all, local models from age 2 and up.  I'm looking forward to next year!  Check it out http://www.ywca-greatercapitalregion.org/about/index.cfm

Last night we went to 16 Handles with Corey and the kids to have yogurt.  What a hoot it is to be with them.  Now this place, 16 Handles, is a super idea.  It's a self-serve yogurt shop.  As you would suspect, you have your choice of 16 different frozen yogurts.  You choose your size of cup, walk the line and select any or all of the flavors of yogurt.  I can't remember them all, but they had chocolate (that was to die for), coconut, raspberry, cheesecake, peanut butter cup, strawberry-kiwi, just to name a few. You continue in the line and have your choice of at least 40 different toppings.  They weigh the cup, you pay and savor every bite. It was all worth a 15 minute car trip.  Also, everywhere we go is new and someplace we've never been. Life is an adventure, don't waste it.

Ray & Jamison checking the mail on their walk.
Today is going to be a "down" day.  Yesterday was a very full day and a rough day for Ray.  He worked most of the afternoon with the landlord to get the washer up and running.  Now that in and of itself is not a big deal, but running up and down the basement stair for him is.  I so appreciate my husband. He will do and does, anything he possibly can to make my life easier. No matter how tired he is or how much pain he's in because of his knee he ALWAYS makes sure that Jamison gets his walk each day.


We are having such a great time being retired together.  It's so fun to get up each morning and say, "well, what shall we do today?".  As I write it's 9am and I'm still sitting in my robe with my feet propped up, writing my blog.  There is still much to do but we're doing it and having a good time.  Today, as I said earlier is a "down day".  This by no means we're sitting down all day.  It means we're taking our time this morning getting up and around, we'll run errands, at 6pm tonight we're picking up a hutch and cabinet I found on Craigslist.  Tomorrow I'll finish putting out my chickens and unpack the glassware for the hutch. Thank heavens for a basement!  Christmas and tools take up a lot of space.  I've unpacked almost all things for the hutch and so I now have room to move the boxes that need to be taken to the basement back into the spare room until we can get them downstairs.  We don't move many of those at one time.  The knees won't take it, but it will get done before guests begin to arrive...who knows when, but I'm expecting company. Lots of company from all of you in California, New Jersey, Springfield OR, Chicago and Maine and Kentucky!

Wednesday night we're going to the Annual Recognition Dinner for the Kaleel Jamison Consulting Group (KJCG).   Corey, as well as others are going  to be recognized  for their years of service with the KJCG.  It just so happens that this year Corey is being recognized for 20 years with the company.  The event is being held at the Hilton Garden Inn Troy. This hotel is Rensselaer County's newest and most distinctive meetings and hotel location! The Hilton Garden Inn is located near Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI), and in the heart of the Capital District of New York.  We 're very proud of Corey, she's a great wife, mother and friend...oh, and of course niece!  We're looking forward to celebrating with all of them.  Corey has a super great team.  They're a team and produce a great product.  Check out their website above. 

Okay, I could go on and on but it's after 11 am and the "guys" are going to be ready for lunch.  My menu today; eat out!  Talk with you soon.  Have a super great day! Choose Joy!

No comments: