Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Sun Comes Up and The Sun Goes Down

Good morning son!  Here we are at Sunday again. Frost is in the air, it's colder and the leaves are still falling.  There are some beautiful golden yellow leaves right out front.  If I ever get this house put back together I'll bring some in and make a Fall arrangement.  








Josh's BD Dinner
Today is Starr's 14th birthday!  It's almost impossible to imagine how all they all are growing up. Allegra turned 17, Sierra 16....and on, and on and on. I don't feel any older.  Weary, but not older. We've been celebrating birthdays for weeks here.  Three since the 23rd of October; Sierra, dad and Josh. Josh wanted "breakfast" for his birthday dinner.  He even was able to make that meal into a party.  He turned his dinner into a face! Two poached eggs, blackberries, strawberry nose, a bacon mouth and sliced banana teeth.  I see you in him every time he gets these creative urges.  Every birthday is a party!  Cake and the works.  Most of the time, dinner too.  We celebrate everything here.  As we should.  


Princess Josie
Halloween Parade
Monday, Halloween day, Josie (a princess of course) had a Halloween costume parade in the morning and then Josh Grim Reaper), Dylan (Mad Hatter), and Trey (went as his older brother Hunter) that afternoon at school. Jon brought the kids by Halloween night.  If Jon hadn't brought the kids over we would have had no trick or treat. Worked out okay for them though!

Paint Splatter
Boy, do I have a mess!  What began as a very simple idea of moving the studio from the back to the front of the house has turned into a four week project.  Now I will say, other things have happened during this time that have taken the focus from the task at hand. (Stop laughing!)  Why do all these "small" projects always take on a life of their own.  For crying out loud, the room needed a coat of pain.  How bad can that be, it's 6'x 8'. We have learned during this project that if I need more shelves it will be via a cupboard or bookcase.  Why I didn't do that this time is beyond me.  This old house is plaster and lath.  Not only is it impossible to drill through the 3' of plaster but when you get to the lath you have to worry about the screw splitting the lath with the 3' screw you have to use.  But, dad prevailed as always.  The painting is done, shelves are up. floors are scrubbed and waxed, drapes hung, furniture is in and I'm almost unpacked and organized.  Should finish that process this afternoon.  (Why are you always laughing at me?! A person would think you've seen this before.)  I did end up with a linen closet through all of this though.  I've had no place to put all my tablecloths, Christmas linens and such.  But since I have the shelves and the double paper sorter cabinet I found for free, I don't need the earlier cabinet I bought.  Viole' a linen closet. For right now I'm just going to get things put away but come spring, look out here comes the paint!  Where on earth did I end up with all of this stuff in the studio.  I rid myself of a great deal before we moved and it's a good thing.  I moved out of a 12'x12' studio into this 6' x 8' studio.  I had a good plan going until I realized yesterday while moving the rolls of vinyl that I have 60-100 completed signs I have to make room for.  Yikes!

Well, the day's almost over, actually with the time change it's only 4:39 pm but it feels later. It's already getting dark out.  (That's something you don't have to worry about anymore; no darkness in heaven!)  I managed to reclaim my dining room today.  If anyone wants to come and visit for the holidays they'd better give us a heads up because what is going to be the guest room has no room for guests right now.  At least everything is in the right room.  Tomorrow we'll clean and tidy up and be ready for a new adventure.  Well, actually more of the same until I get the rest of the things put away in the studio...but at least it's IN the studio.  That's progress.  (You know son, I'm looking through Google images to find one of a sunset.  It's interesting that, for the most part, all the pictures of sunsets are over water or with palm trees.  Do they not think that the sunsets over dry land or here in the East?  Although we are in the East and I know the sun rises here, we also have sunsets...although we are not in the West.  Do you think people realize that?  I mean, maybe the record needs to be set straight.)

I love you son.  There isn't a day that goes by I don't think of you a million times.  Yes, I know it's weird, but I do wonder what you're doing. I do so miss you.  Until next Sunday, mom



No comments: