Saturday, October 18, 2014

Until We Meet Again

C. Ray Jamison    10/24/38 - 10/11/14
Here I am again Lord. I thank you for today. I thank you for family and friends who know and understand what this life is all about. It's about you. How blessed I have been to have had Ray in my life. What an amazing man he was and how he loved you. How amazing it was that you brought him into my life to share my life. He always thought he was the lucky one, but I knew better. I've always known. He always said that as a little boy, playing in the woods he heard my cry, "save me, save me" and he did. He saved me from the lions, he saved me from the dragon, he saved me from the train tracks. He was, and always has been, my hero. He was in my life according to your plan. I have never doubted that from the first time we met. My mama was right, be cautious who you date, you can fall in love at first sight. I was "gone" from that first moment.

But, to be gone was to be found, for me. Ray came into my life and was the most amazing advocate for wanting me to be me. Good, bad or indifferent, he wanted me to be me. He loved me for who I was at any given moment and he loved me unconditionally. He chose to love me. He loved me until the breath of life left this worldly body. I will always love him, just as I will always love you. Ray's worldly body may be gone but the life we shared this last 44 years. I can say 44 because it's close enough to count (December 5th). I very much appreciate the 44 years you gave us. If it had been 100 it still wouldn't have been long enough. I would still miss him just as much as I do now. My heart would still be just as broken as it is now and I would still shed as many tears as I do now. 

I do not know or understand why you have elected to take both he and Aaron before me. I do know that you have a plan because you tell me so in your word: 

Keep me mindful of you Lord. Help me understand that you continue to be my provider. You care for me, love me and know me better than anyone ever could. You loved me enough to let me share 44 years with the man of my dreams. For those years I will be eternally grateful and will not regret the years we didn't have. They were years we never had to begin with. You are my sufficiency. Take care of him Lord. I leave him in your care in heaven with you just as he was in your care here on earth. 

Farewell my love, until we meet again on the streets of gold. Jannie

No comments: