Sunday, April 22, 2012

Flowers, Books, Travels & Time

Good morning son! It's your type of weather today; chilly and raining. You'd love it. March weather has been very different here in NY. One day it's sunny and warm and 78 and the next, cold, windy and raining. The trees are leafing out, the flowers are blooming and my peony's stems are growing taller and taller. I can't wait until they bloom. I've had fresh flowers in our house for a month now. Daffodils, carnations, baby's breath and soon...peonies. This year dad is going to plant me a Double Delight rose so I can see it from the living room window.  I wonder how many Double Delights are being enjoyed right now? Dad has planted them for me at every place we have ever lived. When he first started planted them years ago I was sad to have to leave them when we moved. I wanted to start planting them in pots so I could take them with me. Then it dawned on me, it would be a great gift to leave for the next family. Somewhere, up and down the west coast many Double Delight roses are budding out and are getting ready to share their beauty and fragrance with many families. I hope they enjoy them as much as I do. I'm looking forward to having my roses again.

Josie & Jamison (the dog, not the brother)
Well, last night was a first. Josie spent the night. She did great. We watched Ella Enchanted, which at this very moment, we are watching again. We colored, we read books and we laughed tons. This morning she and Jamison had an argument about who was going to get the window. Josie finally gave us but Jamison shared and they both got to share the window. Josie is use to having Bisky who's much bigger than Jamison. Jamison is use to having no one but us so they're getting use to each other. Believe it or not, most of the time he tries to ignore her. 



Remember this one?
I must say, as we were reading last night it brought back so many great memories. As I read each book I can actually remember where we were when I read those same books to you. After all, they were your books. Dad and I read them all to you hundreds of times, actually, if dad remembers correctly, a couple of them were actually read thousands of times, like the Joke Book. After a while we actually tried to hide that book.  It didn't matter how long dad had been on the road or if he had read that book to you three times the night before, you wanted the Joke Book. Sometimes at night I think I actually still hear dad reading that book to you in his sleep. Just kidding, but it sure wouldn't surprise me.


We've talked about this so many times before. How as parents we did things with and for you so you would have memories. We later find that the memories we created were for us. Half the time when we'd say, "Hey son, do you remember when?" and you'd look at us and say , "huh?". Now we really realize how important it was to create those memories. Dad and I have some of the greatest memories on earth. We're so glad we made the time to create those memories. What would we do without them today?


Those little books that we read together so many years ago? They're still making memories today.  We read and shared them with Allegra, Arianna and Alexis and made tons of memories there, and not with Josie. Who would think that a book could have such an impact on so many lives. Could create so many great memories. Memories for a lifetime, for so many.


Can you believe we've been here almost a year? Dad and I were just talking about that yesterday. Neither of us can believe it's almost been a year. Where has the time gone. Well, I can pretty much tell you. Time is a commodity there will never be enough of. It seems as though we just get up in the morning and the day is gone. We're busy the entire time but we never seem to get it all done. But, we're enjoying what we're doing. We're starting to plan day trips, we're planning a weekend trip. We're even looking out to December. We're going to CA for Christmas this year, Lord willing. We're talking about whether to Jamison or not. I already know we should. If we don't the first thing dad is going to say when we get there is, "I wish we had brought Jamison". Besides, if we stay a month, that's too long to not have him with us. Who would have ever thought that when we're making plans to even run an errand we make the decision based on what's the best for him. Usually, if we can't take him because it's too hot or too cold, we postpone the errand until he can go. We leave him when it's best for him but we'd rather not. What an important part of our family he is. Who would have ever thought? (Okay, you can stop laughing now!)

As you know, I got my DBA and applied for my Certificate of Authority so I can collect sales tax here in NY. I received the certificate Saturday. Auntie Jan Creations is now official. I spend a lot of time in the studio, thanks to dad! I just ordered three children's rocking chairs so I can get them ready to sell, I'm putting together a supply of cards, I have a junior chair ready to decorate and a dozen of other items to refurbish. I was able to change my hours at work to 8:39 am - 12:30 pm M-F so that gives me all afternoon to work in the studio. I've incorporated the largest portion of the dining room into studio work area for painting larger items and a drying area for my painting projects. The dining room table is perfect. So, what projects are you involved with? Brushing angel wings? Polishing the pearly gates? Shining the streets of gold? Singing with the choir of angels? I hope you have some downtime to sit by the River of Life with grandpa and share in his memories. Let him tell you all about his life. It's just been recently, as I've heard someone share their story, that I realized, I didn't really know a lot about grandpa's life. Ask him to tell you.


From the roses, to the moves, to our time together, to sharing your books, to making new memories, to planning ahead, to living in the present, to balancing life, it's all a part of who we were, who we are and who we are to become. I had a chance to explain about Choosing Joy again last week. It's amazing how many times the opportunity comes up. You left quite a legacy son. One that I am proud to be able to share whenever I get the opportunity.


Until next week, be Aaron, I love you, mom

No comments: