Sunday, June 3, 2012

My Heart Today

Good morning son! It's 7:30 a.m. on Sunday morning. I wish I could tell you the sun is out, the flowers are glorious and there's not a cloud in the sky. But, I'd have to lie! The sun is not out, the flowers are gone because of the heavy rain the sun is somewhere in the sky but it ain't here! I know, you're lovin' that aren't you?! That's one of the things you loved most about Oregon, the rain. The rain seemed to make the world right for you. So, rain in heaven? No, then how do the flowers grow? How do the streets of gold get cleaned and polished? And don't tell me they have heavenly street-sweepers! I know better than that. Unless of course, it's a team of angels sweeping along with their wings. 

Yesterday was the eighth month anniversary of your heavenly trip. For the first time since we sent your ashes sailing on Christmas day I took a trip up the hill with dad and Jamison. Everything is green and fresh and believe it or not, it really does seem as though we could see forever. I found myself standing and looking out over the hills and trees wondering how life is for you now. All of a sudden I began to giggle and I have to wonder, were you tickling me? You have always been able to make me laugh. I could be madder than heck at you and you just had that way of making your face and looking at me and I would crack up. While standing there and thinking about you flying through the air, all light and fluffy (hey, it's my dream!) I could see you grinning from ear to ear, reach out like you wanted to give me a hug and then tickle me. You continue to bring joy to my heart.

Last week a friend posted this picture on my Facebook page and said it reminded him of me. (Thank you John.) He couldn't have give me a more treasured gift, to know that when he saw it, he thought of me. It's very important to me that in some small way every day I continue to carry the message of JOY. That everything I say or do in some small way will carry this message forward; Joy is a choice, happiness is based on circumstances. You carried that message so well.




Yesterday afternoon we went to Steamer 10 Theatre for the 2 p.m. show of:

Now playing at Steamer 10 Theatre
Our Sierra!
staring none other than our own, you guessed it,  SIERRA CARLEN! (No, I didn't put the picture in upside down.) She's laying across the laps of several of the cast members and someone must have taken it standing up over her. But, I will have to say this, this really IS Sierra. What a beautiful, sweet, funny lady we have here. You and Sierra would have had such a great time "playing off" of each other. That is, after you bumped Corey over into a corner! Dad and I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. 


Wow, look out, is that the sun I see peeking out of those clouds up there? I think it is! I have several cards to make today and it's so much nicer working in the studio when the sun is out. I don't know why. It just works better for me.


Zaleigh & Temperance
Has anyone told you about the newest addition to our family? Temperance Addison Latham. What a sweetheart! Everyone is doing fine and I understand Zaleigh welcomed her with open arms. What an adorable pair they make. Can you believe that you mom is a great-grandmother five times over? Starr, Tristen, Zaleigh, Bella and Temperance. Wow!


Well, as you know, it's June! June here means lots of school ending events. Josie, Josh & Dylan have their "moving up" exercises and end of school picnic at Susan O"Dell Taylor School that begins at 10 a.m. June 15th. That evening 6 p.m. Jamo graduates from Woodland Hills Montessori. Next year Sierra will be a Junior at Emma Willard and Hunter will be a sophomore at Tamarac High School. They're growing up son! I can't believe how much just since we've been here. It will be a year this week. Dad and I are finding it hard to believe it's already been a year.


Oh, yeah, I need to give you an update on my getting fit. I'm still doing between 80-120 stairs each five days a week. I intended to do my band exercises twice a week last week but couldn't seem to remember until I got in bed. Today I'll set it out where I can see it as a reminder. Dad has been waiting for me to join he and Jamison on their daily walks but I just didn't have it in me to be able, for whatever reason, to take the trip up to "your rock". Friday though, I knew I could go. I put on my tennis shoes and took off. Because I've been doing the stairs at work the last couple of weeks taking the slopes and hills wasn't as difficult as I had anticipated. (I don't think there is one piece of flat land here in Troy!) We walked about 35-40 minutes. I did great until beginning the walk back I began having some trouble with my right foot. I still have that bunion and I ended up having to take my shoes off and walking the rest of the way home in my stocking feet. I paid for it until the next morning and it's still tender.Once you make that bunion angry, she's not very forgiving! I won't be wearing those tennis shoes again I can tell you that much. If I'm going to continue to walk, which I am going to do, I need to find a pair of sandals that in no way, shape or form, touch "Miss Fussy". I've had one bunion surgery, I really don't want to have to do another. There's always the chance that it won't go well and then your foot is a mess forever....and as you know, forever is a long, long time!


Anyhow, as is usual with me, the scale fights every step of the "weigh". But, I can tell the difference in my clothes so I know what I'm doing is working. I will begin the band exercises twice (at least) this week and I've also decided I'm going to keep a diary. I don't want it to be just a list of what I eat, but how I was feeling that day, what happened and how I moved, or what I did to keep my body moving. Speaking of keeping the body moving, what are you doing up there? Flying around I suppose! I know you're singing a LOT! I am so happy for you. So how is it to be the jester in the King's court? I know everyone thinks you get your sense of humor and your mischievousness from me, but I've been married to your dad for almost 42 years now. I've known your Uncle Bill for 16 years now (wow, I can hardly believe that), and now Corey, Jon and the kids. I can honestly say, I'm not entirely to blame!

Until next week, be Aaron, I love you, mom






























































 

No comments: