Sunday, December 30, 2012

Resolute

Happy New Year son! It's beginning as a white one. It snowed all day yesterday and has been absolutely beautiful. Today we have a high of 19 degrees and expecting more snow. Today, I also have the beginnings of a cold. I've fought the good fight, but I've lost. It's been a very long time since I've had a cold. In fact I can't remember the last time, but I certainly do recognize the cough, runny nose, watery eyes and just feeling physically lousy. You know dad, it's NOT due to lack of vitamins! I began taking Zicam this morning with the hope that even though I've acquired this visitor, he won't stay around very long.

I'm finding it is becoming easier and easier to sit here on the couch and watch it snow while reading, or crocheting, or looking through Pinterest, or talking with dad, or watching a movie or any of the other things that I dreamed of doing in bad weather....other than running off to work. I could really get use to this. I know that's hard for you to believe. I think dad thinks I'm a little "off my game" since I'm not up staying busy. But to tell you the truth, I'm very much enjoying it.

Dad's out shoveling the front porch and steps and Jamison is right there "helping". I'm trying to stay focused on my conversation with you but it's become more difficult every minute between, "you gotta see this" and let's take a picture and helping Jamison so he can see out and see dad focusing is a little difficult this morning. BUT, fun too! Jamison loves the snow. With his tiny. short legs, if he weren't black, you'd loose him in the snow.

Do you have snow in heaven? I highly doubt it but then again I have no trouble picturing it swirling around all the sparkles and shimmers of the pearls, jewels and gold. How pretty that would be. Dad and I were just talking yesterday about the "angels hair" we use to put around those big Christmas lights we use to put on the tree and how beautiful it was to see the light filter through the angel hair. Maybe you've seen some of that in heaven? Lights through angel's hair as they celebrated the birthday of Jesus. What a wonderful gift He gave to us. And now, as we approach another new year what an amazing opportunity we all have. A new beginning so to speak. To start fresh and new. I know, I know, all the same old problems and challenges will still be there facing us, but this is a new opportunity to look at those problems and challenges with fresh eyes and ideas. It's a chance to say okay let's take a look at this and see what I can do to make a difference. It's probably going to be something that no one else will even know I've done. But, I will know. I'm looking forward to the opportunity to look at my world through fresh eyes. I don't have an angels eyes but I do worship the same God so in essence, I guess I do have angels eyes. Eyes that have the ability to see past all the trouble and problems and see the joy. Eyes that have the ability that adds the warmth to my smile. Eyes that have the ability to focus on the good no matter where I am or what is happening. I'm not an angel, (stop laughing) by any means of the word, but like I said, we know the same God. 

As you know, I've never been one, and still am not, for making New Year's resolutions. I can be very resolute however. 

 res·o·lute  
/ˈrezəˌlo͞ot
Adjective
Admirably purposeful, determined, and unwavering.

Synonyms
determined - firm - decided - resolved - decisive   

I like the "admirably purposeful". Although at times I know many have used the term "stubborn" to describe my purposefulness and I am sure they have been right. But, let's get back to the topic of the new year. I so want this year to be full of purpose. I want it to have meaning. I want dad and I to realize our purpose here in Troy NY. I know all the reasons we chose to be here but I just feel as if God has a greater purpose. I want this new year to be the year we discover God's purpose. That God will reveal that purpose to us both and that when He does we will accept it and live our lives to the fullest to complete the purpose He sets before us with joy in our hearts. 

Until next week, be Aaron, love mom

No comments: