Sunday, December 2, 2012

42 Years and Counting

Good morning son! I'm visiting with grandma and family in California right now. We currently in the midst of a wind and rain storm. And I do mean storm. It hit last night before we went to bed and is really roaring this morning. We'd planned on going to church this morning but it wouldn't be safe to go out in it this morning. The trip here went as planned and on time which was a great thing. We've been watching Hallmark movies, visiting, eating and decorating. Well, actually all the grand kids did the decorating and we sat and watched. The did a great job. It was raining so hard out that they just got about half the decorations out front but they're finish it when the storm lets up. Dad says they have snow at home, about 3-4 inches. He and Jamison went on their walk yesterday and dad says when they got back Jamison had icicles hanging off his belly. Dad washed him off and wrapped him up in a blanket and he took a nap.

Watching Hallmark movies certainly brings back so many memories of our Christmases together. How you loved Christmas. I must say, I shed some tears yesterday but I managed to hold myself together for the most part. We didn't have a tree last year but dad is determined this year. We brought everything up before I left and he says he's decorating while I'm here. We'll finish up when I get home. I have some great ideas for the front porch and am really looking forward to putting it all together.

Rita is coming here for a visit Dec 11-15. It will be so good to see her and have a good visit. She loves visiting with mom and Diane as well so we'll have a great time. We'll probably include some baking in her time here and a trip to the Country Store in Twain Hart as well. It will be a good time.

This is probably going to be a short conversation this morning. Because of the storm, I guess, the Internet is bouncing back and forth and is having some trouble when I try to save. Needless to say I will be very unhappy if I loose what I have already written. Been there, done that!

This Wednesday, December 5th is dad and my 42nd anniversary. As I stop and try to remember those years I am amazed. I cannot even imagine my life without your dad in it. And the great thing is, after 42 years, I never even try. I look forward to so many more years together. As with all couples there are good times and bad times. To say that life has always been blissful would be an untruth, or as you would have put it, a lie. You were never one to  mince words. Don't know where you got that trait. Dad and I were just talking the other day about our life together. It seems as though it was just yesterday when we were traveling to Santa Cruz with an organ in the back of the "hopped up" Ford wagon had. We hauled them all over the county and dad would take them into people's home for a demonstration. Very seldom did we ever have to haul one back!

It has been a very eventful life and as we've always told you, never boring. We've lived in many places and made many friends and met many people. Over the years we've had the opportunity to share our life together with many. Dad has preached the Word, "helped" Santa, helped others, loved me, loved you, shared his wealth (whatever it happened to be at the time), been there for us in good times and rough times. He's the man of my heart and I love him with all my heart. Grandma use to tell us when we were of the dating age to not date anyone we would not consider marrying. As kids usually do with most parental advice, we nodded and went on our way. She was right. The minute I laid eyes on your dad I was a gonner and it hasn't changed in 42 years. I didn't have a chance. You were one of the most amazing gifts God ever brought into our lives. IF I could do it all over again, knowing the outcome you can bet I would do all the same things.You were the joy in our life. God allowed us 38 years and although I will always miss you and your laughter and hugs it's amazing that I find I see you in dad's eyes and hear your laughter when he laughs. I guess I just needed to look.

I don't know what the future holds for dad and I but I do know that God knows and for right now I'm content in that.

Before I leave today I want to wish my hubby a very happy anniversary. I'm going to miss you Wednesday. We've never missed one together BUT I'm looking forward to celebrating with you on January 9th. Thank you for this trip to visit family and for being willing to share my time. I love you, since the first day I met you and forever more.

December 5, 1970
Until next week, be Aaron, love mom


No comments: