Friday, August 5, 2011

More Adventures

Soon, all will be right with the world.  This little piece of our world anyway.  Jamison will be home.  Evidently he's had a pretty awesome time visiting with Sammy and he'll probably be lost for a few days without all the kids but I'm so glad he's coming home.  I miss that little munchie!

Our trip to Springfield was a great one and one that we wouldn't have changed for anything.  It was great to spend time with Aaron, Kristin and Belle.  We saw a lot of friends and had a great time with the kids.  Finished the Harry Potter marathon and finished the week off by seeing the new Harry Potter movie and then on to Dicky Jo's for a late lunch.  It was a super great day.
I was able to spend some time with friends while I was in Springfield at our favorite hang out, Terese's Place and enjoyed so much catching up.  I have such awesome friends in Springfield.  They give me their love and support unconditionally.  Hopefully they know that I return the same, unconditionally as well.  I know I can count on them, cry with them, laugh with them and just be myself with them.  It's truly a great feeling.  I am so looking forward to having them visit us here in Troy whenever they are able.


Wednesday morning we headed to the Portland airport for our trip home.  Kristin's parents, Alan and Ruth gave us a ride to the airport so that Aaron wouldn't have to make that trip again.  It's a long, hard and painful trip for him to make.  He came up to pick us up when we arrived but I'm so glad he didn't have to make the trip again. We had a great visit with Alan and Ruth and they dropped us off at the airport at 11am for our 2:30 pm flight to Las Vegas. By the time we checked our bag, walked the half mile to C Gate (we decided to take our time and walk because we were going to be sitting so long on the flight), had a bite of lunch, went through security, hit the bathroom, picked up some bottled water, checked Ray in for early boarding, we only had about a 20 minute wait.  Timing was perfect.  The flight was on time and we were off!  The flight to Las Vegas was uneventful with the exception of a poor little six month old girl next to Ray who cried almost the entire way.  Her ears were probably hurting because of the cabin pressure.  The only way she would stop was for her mom to bounce her and hold her in the air.  That poor mom's arms will never be the same again. I remember when Aaron was about three months old my mom came up and took him back with her for awhile because Ray was so sick and I was running back and forth to the hospital with him.  She had to do the same thing.  She said she bounced him in her lap all the way to CA from Bend!  I had to chuckle as I saw that baby's grin every time mom lifted her up into the air.  I wonder how much her ears REALLY hurt?  She was sure laughing as she looked back at everyone in the plane.


We arrived on time in Las Vegas and fortunately we didn't have to change terminals.  We arrived with what we thought was about a 45 minute layover.  We got to the next gate and were going to take a potty break and pick up a sandwich for the flight since we wouldn't get home until 1am.  Ray headed for the bathroom and before he came back they were calling for pre-boarding.  We had granola bars for dinner!  It was a very bouncy ride to Albany.  A great portion of the time the pilot had the flight attendants stay in their seats as well, but we arrived safely and about 30 minutes ahead of schedule believe it or not.  We thought we'd be home early.  NOT!  Luggage missing!  Didn't they know they had my face in that bag?  I ventured out today without makeup but didn't get any screams or screeches so guess everything was okay.


The airlines called this morning and said our bag would arrive about 1:20-2:00pm so we rushed back home to wait.  It's about 8pm and our luggage just got here. The community will be glad I have my face back!


We basically had a day of rest today since we sat here the entire day waiting on our luggage.  Maybe that's what the Lord intended all along.................


Jamison & Sammy
Jamison just got home.  What a feisty little guy he is.  We met Sammy tonight.  He's a little silk terrier and as cute as a button.  He and Jamison are great pals and it's going to be fun over the years to have them play together.  He also had kids to play with and hated leaving them all this evening but I see lots of fun in our future.



It's called sleep folks, all of us do it.  Speaking of sleep, do you have any idea how wonderful it is to go to bed when you want and get up when you want.  I've never experienced that in my entire life!  There are no alarm clocks in our house and only one clock...on the microwave!  The day after I retired I put my watch away and haven't worn one since.  What a liberating feeling that is.  Right now there is a yellow canary sitting on my front porch again!  I love this home!

Okay, new projects since we're home.  The first is to put up some shelving in Studio J.  Our home work area.  My husband was right, this space is smaller than the last but we've worked out an economical plan and will start this weekend.  Tomorrow, we install the gate on the chicken pen.
Next, it will be replacing the apple border in the kitchen with, you guessed it, a border with chickens.  The walls in the kitchen are white and I'm going to paint the wainscoting between the two 1/6" molding one of the yellows in the border background.  The edge of the border is blue which is the same blue as the "Blue House on the Mantle" and the blue in the kitchen floor.

Okay, before I leave you I have to share this "Troy 9" story with you.  Corey sent this text message to me while we were in Springfield and I thought I would split a gut!  Quote (Corey) "Trust me when I say that I couldn't make this stuff up. I overheard Hunter telling his brothers he would eat an earthworm for $10.  None of them took the bait, so to speak.  I did, and he gobbled up that worm like it was his job.  Once I collected myself, I gave him $15 - the parenting lesson was worth the extra $5." And so our Troy adventure continues....





No comments: