Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Hearts Joy





These little gifts I give myself
Are seldom ever seen
They don't consist of gold or jewels
Or of diamonds or rings

I place around my inner self
The things that I love best
The things that give me joy in life
The things that comfort best
You probably wouldn't notice 
or even care to see
But these are very special things
And mean so much to me
 
I count it all entirely joy
To lend a helping hand
I am the most content in life
When I can wash a pan
 
I love to see a shining floor
That sports a brand new wax
Or help to add the final touch 
Or fix what things might lack

I love to see the windows shine
As the sun smiles on the glass
I love the joy of finishing
A very simple task
I love to see the smiles they bring
When flowers first appear
I love it when my Savior sends
A special bird to hear
I love to clean and make a mess
That others would detest
But I can see the end results
Though I always don't confess
I love to clean and cook and serve
It brings my heart great joy
Lord let me keep a servants heart
So others can enjoy!



 




No comments: