Saturday, August 13, 2011

A Week's Worth...And More

 Okey dokey..so let's see what's been happening around here lately.  First of all, the gang's NOT all here and we really miss them.  Whatever is normal, I'm ready for it to be that again.

It's balmy here again today.  It's about 71 degrees and humidity is 96%.  Ray just went over mid-day to check on Biscuit and the chickens.  They've both been running out of water mid-day.  Who'd believe chickens could drink that much water?  It's also his "sneaky" way of a trip to the grocery store to pick up oatmeal and brown sugar so he can have Cranberry Almond cookies! 


I just finished stripping all the old wallpaper border in the kitchen  and sat down for a few to put my feet up.  The ankles do better with my feet up but I don't plan on spending my life on the couch with my feet up.  Finally found a new doctor that is on my insurance plan and am waiting for my records to be transferred.  Maybe we can get to the bottom of this.  This afternoon I'll get the new border up, beans and ham cooked for dinner and with any luck, Cranberry Almond cookies made.


Ray swept off the porch and deck this morning and had been doing odds and ends that need finishing.  If the rain holds away he's going to try and put his new grill together.  If not today, then tomorrow.  We can always stretch out, watch a movie and munch on cookies. He's such a great hubby.  I don't know what I'd do without him.  All I have to do is mention that I need something done and he's on it.  The problem is that he jumps up and thinks it has to be done right now!    We're both working on learning to relax.  It's more difficult that we thought but we're learning...and enjoying!  

First 9 ft strip of border up.  Boy do I miss my wall paper partner, my mom.  This is the first time in 40 years she hasn't helped me with wall paper.  We use to have so much fun painting and wallpapering.  I miss that and from talking with her, I know she misses it too.



I know something happened....









Today was a grocery, bill-paying, paper-organizing day.  I hate doing that stuff any more, the paper stuff, but I sure like it when it's done.

Girls...you think it's time for a new picture?

Today also marks a day that's almost impossible for me to believe. Yet another of my nieces, Arianna, started high-school.  I can hardly believe it.  Allegra is a Junior and Alexis will be there before I can blink again.  It doesn't seem any time at all since we were all in Oakdale, they were all under 5 and we were swimming in the pool.  They are all now beautiful young ladies and their uncle and I are so very proud of them.  We have such great memories. They use to sit on the counter when we were baking or cooking and play while we cooked. They were in the yard and garden when we were working in the yard, Allegra had her own broom and dust pan when she was two and helped her grandpa and HoHO sweep the shop. They spent a lot of time with us when they were little because Julie worked and we could have them at the shop. Or we worked very early hours because of the heat and then we'd pick them up at day care and take them home for an afternoon in the pool.  As we have learned over the years, many of the memories you think you are making for them (children) when they are young are actually memories for you; chances are, they don't remember.  I'm so glad we have those memories.  It's a great responsibility to have another person's child in your care.

Everyone is home!  Corey and Josie came by for kisses and hugs. Love that they do that! Josie's quote for the week, "Mama, can you help me get a drink of water.  The batteries in my hands are worn out." Josie came in the door asking if she could stay.  She did and we watched a movie, had lunch, played some games on the phone and then headed out to Walmart.  We had to stop by the house to pick her up some shoes because she was "shoeless".  By the time I got back to the car she realized the boys were up and kickin' and she wanted to stay home.  Poor Aunt Jan had to go to Walmart all by herself!  


While I was gone Ray hung the "mesh screen door" at the back door.  It sounds corny on TV but it works great!  Once hung in the doorway, it's split in the center with magnets running down the inside seems.  You simply walk through the screen and it immediately reattaches. We don't have a doggie door so Jamison loves it.  He can come and go when he wants and he does love being on the deck watching the woodchucks and squirrels.

Aaron got his "pump" today.  The pain had gotten beyond what the drugs he was on was able to handle.  He knew the next step was the pump and hated to have to do it but was left with little choice.  I'm thankful it's portable so he can go if he feels able and is not confined to the house.  Aaron has a very high tolerance for pain so for him to agree to do the pump means he had no other option.  Please continue to pray that God will continue to give Aaron the ability to carry the Choose Joy message as he always has.






We were up early. Me, I was taking Jamison out at 3:15 AM for a potty trip.  I did go back to bed and so did he.  When I got up at 7 am I baked biscuits for Ray to take over to the Troy 9. Their kitchen is in the midst of a "minor" work in progress. Their fridge AND stove gave out at the same time! They can use the kitchen sink!  Or at least they could yesterday at this time.  I may have to hide later, (said in a whisper) I took pictures of the kitchen yesterday.  New appliances arrive today.

It's going to be beautiful when it's done!


Jamison & Sammy
It's Saturday and Jamison's buddy Sammy is finally here.  They are having the time of their lives. Right now it's pretty quiet but I think that's because Ray is making burritos and they're sitting right at his feet hoping he's going to drop something.  And there's a pretty good chance they're right! God is so good. He's provided all our needs right down to a new buddy for Jamison.  How great is that!

Tomorrow shelves are going up in Studio J and the chaos will finally disappear as I'm able to unpack the last eight boxes and get everything in its rightful place.  The first of September will see me busy in the studio working on signs...can't wait.  School will begin before we even know what's hit us and that brings all kinds of new adventures.

Next week is full of activity so they'll be plenty to share!

No comments: