Sunday, July 17, 2011

Always Expect the Unexpected

There's no escaping it any longer.  Today begins the pilgrimage into the "studio" zone.  Don't ask me why I left it until last.  Probably because it's going to call for putting up shelves and moving what furniture I have in there all around.  But today is the day. It looks like half the boxes we moved were boxes for the studio...but it wasn't.  Most of the boxes are larger however, and heavier.  Luckily I had the foresight to buy a cheap cabinet off Craigslist when I saw it and it's been sitting there....waiting!  As it always seems when I begin a project, I never like the placement of anything in the room, the starting point.  Which means, I have to move some boxes to get the cabinet where I want it.  Now it is already where I actually wanted it to begin with but I've changed my mind.  My mind, my privilege!  I know I won't get it all done today but at least the majority.  I want to have all project that we've already started in the house, finished before we leave this coming Saturday...oh, and that includes a full cleaning of the house and washing of the baseboards.  Dream big, that's what I always say.  I couldn't do any of this if Ray wasn't right on my heals doing whatever I need done.  He's a great house cleaner.  I'd loan him out but I keep him to busy here.  

Ray's taking a break this morning to pick up the materials from the kids house and make the gate for the chicken yard.  It's easier to build it here because all of his tools are here.  Tomorrow it's suppose to rain and storm so that will soften the ground and Tuesday we can put the posts in and attach the gate

Yesterday we hung the curtains in the dining room, put up some hooks in the laundry room, ran a couple of errands and took a break in the afternoon to just sit back and read. Ray also spent some time working with Jamison on his commands.  They're doing very well.
Of course it's red!

Out of desperation we finally gave in and put in a telephone in the house.  It got very tiring running up and down  the driveway trying to find a signal so we could answer make or answer a call.  And it looked pretty weird as well.  Most of the time even if we answered a call it would drop off.  We found a great deal at Verizon.  It's a wireless remote.  You buy the phone and plug it in to the remote, plug the remote into the wall and you're set to go...for $19.95/mo unlimited local and long distance.  I've sent most of you an email with the new number I think.  If I've missed someone just email me and I'll send it to you or ask someone who has it and they can share.




It was 8:15 am when I began this blog this morning.  It is now 6:26 pm.  Life happened in-between.


Crisis with the chickens!  Jon called and he and Josie we're half way to Lake George for a company picnic.  They left Biscuit (their dog) in charge.  A fox decided to visit the chicken yard.  Their neighbor lady, Naomi was visiting with a neighbor and they heard a ruckus around the chicken coop.  When they got there the fox was just far enough out of reach for Biscuit to get to him (Biscuit has an electronic fence and believe me, he knows where those boundaries are).  It didn't stop him from raising holy cane.  The fox was having a great old time trying to get in.  The chickens were cackling like there was a fox trying to get into their pen.  Oh wait, there was a fox trying to get into their pen!  Believe it or not, one of the chickens got out.  Naomi's cat took off after the chicken, the fox took off after both of them, Biscuit was still chasing all of them around the yard and ran the fox off.  The cat and chicken made a turn and headed for Naomi's house next door. Naomi saw them coming and quickly opened the garage door, they ran in and she closed the garage door.  The cat ran into the house, Naomi cornered the chicken and got it back into the pen.  By the time we got there, Naomi and her friend had pretty much everything under control. Now mind you, these ladies are in their 70's!  Corey is going to owe them big time by the time she gets home.  Uncle found the hole in the fence where the chicken got out, fixed the "leak" put the chickens in the coop.  We calmed Biscuit down, gave him some fresh water and headed on to do our errands.  Life is always an adventure here.  Mind you, this is a house of 9 and no one was home.  Imagine what's it's like when they're all home. What a ball we have! Needless to say, the chicken gate is going to be a day or two late.  Tomorrow is is scheduled to bring us severe thunder and lightening storms.


Progress...there IS a floor
It's 90 degrees out.  The sun is shining and yet we've only had the fans on today. We're very fortunate that our house stays cool.  Mom's right again.  We have two floors above us and they get all the heat. I even had the oven on this morning and baked a couple of cakes.  Ray worked in the shop downstairs while I began in the studio.  I think I get it finished tomorrow.  Depends I guess, on how the fox and chickens do!

No comments: