Thursday, July 7, 2011

And a Hearty Good Morning To All



And all is well in the Land of Troy.  Yesterday told us that's it's time to install air-conditioners that's for certain.  There was only about 2 hours yesterday when it was slightly uncomfortable.  Corey and Jon warn us that the heat is approaching.  We'd rather be ready than trying to install in the heat.  I actually got some curtains hung in the dining room yesterday.  I'm going to need sturdier rods.  I tried using cafe rods I bought for the kitchen curtains (which is another story altogether) but they droop in the middle slightly and I CANNOT stand that.  I have one rod iron rod with little swirls on the ends and I'll get another one today and I'll be all set. 


With any luck, we'll get the bamboo blinds and valances up in the living room today.  All rooms have the standard mini-blinds but those don't work too well in my world.  I'll also be working on hanging pictures.  All books and hutch items are all put away. 


Yesterday we went to Albany and met our new doctor.  We both liked him instantly.  He's full of energy and new technology but he's waiting until he knows us a little better before he begins changing anything around.  It's very difficult to find a doctor here but our next door neighbor is a PA.  She had worked with this doctor for 13 years and has just left to go back to school for a great job opportunity and she recommended him.  Yet another miracle.  They just keep piling up folks.


We worked in the basement yesterday afternoon.  It is so fantastic to have that space.  The Lord only knows where we'd be without that space.  We purchased a $30 "closet" for our winter clothes and put it together yesterday and got them all carried down and put away. Most of our stuff is in bins but the landlord says it can get about 2" of water in the basement during winter.  He brought us some pallets and we relocated everything to pallets yesterday (or Ray did I should say).  Corey and Jamo (her Jamison) are coming over this week and helping Ray finish carrying the tools downstairs.  We need to rearrange everything downstairs and 5-S down there but we're not going to worry about that right now. 


Now to do a complete turn-around....Aaron did a live radio interview last night about Relay for Life and "Relay for Laffs", an improv show this weekend at LCC on the Main Stage.  All the ticket information can be found on Aaron's website
www.judasforgiven.com  Please pass the information along.  This is a clean, family-oriented improv and is always fun, sometimes hysterical. Ray and I will not be there this weekend but we will be there for Relay for Life to support Aaron and Kristin's team, "Choose Joy" from noon July 29 to noon July 30 at Willamette High School.  If you can make an opportunity to come by and visit or walk a lap or two it would be great to see you.  The link to Aaron's live radio interview from last night is http://www.jimbotalk.net/  Aaron is the last of three interviews so I just forwarded about two-thirds through and caught his interview. As I've mentioned to several of you before, because of chemo Aaron has very little short term memory.  Aaron and I have a standing joke about how long I was in labor with him.  My standing answer is 38 hours.  He says it changes every time we talk about it.  It's been at 38 hours ever since I can remember.  Last night the one thing he couldn't remember when asked was his age.  I'm just going to tell him that the easiest was to remember is that his age is the same as the hours of labor...38!  It's a good interview and from his heart, as always. Here's his newest tattoo on the back of his neck.



Well, Ray and Jamison are waiting to head out to Home Depot and Walmart so guess I'd best get my hair done and some lipstick on!  Have a great day.  Talk with you soon.  Right now though I feel like I'm doing all the talking.  You guys are out there...right?

No comments: