Thursday, October 13, 2011

A Day In The Life of a Blogger

One bruised, swollen  knee.
Okay, so yesterday was another full day of cooking and kids. A perfect day!  With one exception.  My flip-flop decided to flop and not flip and I took a "header" off of the front porch.  It happened so fast I didn't have a chance to react.  Interesting though that it was a day I decided to wear long pants rather than capris.  I would have been skinless today had I been wearing capris.  Didn't keep me from finishing out my day though.  Today I am moving a little slower because I'm a little bit more sore than I had anticipated.  Excitement comes in all sizes and shapes. Today it's black, blue and swollen on my knee. I've decided to stay off my knee most of the day today.  Mainly because Ray is standing over me!  

Thank you KJCG!
Thanks to all of you for your prayers, love, gifts, thoughts and friendships.  We so much appreciate your support always.  It has been very special during this time of Aaron's transition.  I think we are doing better than we anticipated. Not because we don't miss Aaron, but because Aaron planned so well.  There are so many things that bring him to mind so often during the day.  Everywhere we turn. But, for the most part, the memories come with a smile.  What a hoot that kid was! A jester in the King's court he is.  Thank you Lord!

Dining Room BEFORE
Studio BEFORE
I may have already told you, but the week before Aaron died I had decided to move the studio from the back of the house to the front of the house. The room needed to be painted.  Now most of the time our house is in pretty good order.  Floors are done. Dusting complete. Beds made. Bathroom clean. You get the picture.  However, the Friday and Saturday before October 2nd, Ray and I had moved all the dining room furniture to one side and had piled everything from the guest room out into the dining room.  We had tarps spread out, painting gear strung out and were getting ready to paint.  You think YOU'RE laughing?  Can you imagine Aaron in heaven?  He was probably doubled over!  I'm sure my dad didn't miss a chuckle or two either. Our brother and sister-in-law came in from Maine, other friends came by, Corey & Jon were here and our house was turned upside down.  Tomorrow we begin turning it right side up again.  We'll buy my green paint and the painting fun begins.  I'm very excited to get in, get busy and get it done.  Ray is super great about these types of projects.  He hates to paint but he loves me.  The chances of me not ending up with paint somewhere on my backside are NOT great but we'll have a great time doing it.  Then come the shelves to put up.  I found a cabinet on the street yesterday.  It's a 3' x 6' "paper-sorter" cabinet.  They cost about $700-800 new and someone had just put it out for anyone.  Yippee!  It will be super great for sorting color scrapbook paper, stencils, transfers and all things flat.  After pictures of our project to come later!

You get the general idea.
You think that's great?  Here's another miracle.  Yesterday I dropped by to pick up the car seat on the way to pick up Josie from school. It wasn't there.  I quickly said to the Lord, "I really need to find a reasonably priced car seat so I have one in the car for Josie". It was really just a thought, and I went on my way.  This was about 1 pm.  At 3:15 pm I was on the way to pick Josh up and there on the street was a great car seat, just ready for pickup.  I blinked because I couldn't believe my eyes, stopped the car to check it out.  Yup, in great condition, just need to wash the liner and it will work perfectly.  Also, it's pink which is Josie's very favorite color.  Reasonably priced?  I'd say so.  Thank you Lord.

The leaves are turning.  They are beautiful.  Yesterday there was a beautiful doe in our front yard.  Jamison tried his best - thankfully his leash is only 30' long.  He just about pulled my arm off before I realized he had seen the doe.  He is a determined, feisty little guy.  We missed him greatly while we were gone but he had a wonderful time visiting with Katryn and Sammy.  Thank you Katryn.

We've had a great week helping Jon and Corey get the kids picked up and delivered.  They are a very busy group as you know.  Josie spent all afternoon with Uncle yesterday while I picked up and delivered and made enchiladas for dinner.  We love these Chicken Enchiladas

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees if enchiladas are going to be cooked immediately.

5# cooked & shredded chicken
2 - 8 oz packages reduced fat cream cheese, cut into chunks
20 - 10" flour tortillas
1 - 26 oz can Mild Green Enchilada Sauce
3 cups shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese

In a dry skillet heat on medium heat the shredded chicken until warm, stirring often.  Once chicken is warm, add the chunks of cream cheese and stir until the cream cheese is melted.  Remove from heat.

Spray a 9'x13' pan with cooking spray.  Lay one tortilla so one half is overlapping the end of the pan.  Add a large serving spoon of filling along the center of the tortilla. Fold the outside edge of the tortilla over the filling and roll.  Slide the rolled enchilada to the end and repeat the process using the enchilada as the edge for the next tortilla and continue until the pan is full.  Use an additional pan if necessary.  (it usually is!)  

These bake, freeze and re-heat in the microwave wonderfully.

If you want to prepare for later. Prepare the enchiladas as above minus the Mild Enchilada Sauce and cheese; cover the enchiladas and refrigerate.  When ready for use; preheat oven to 350 degrees; add Mild Chili Sauce and cheese and bake for 45 minutes.


Today, Josie at 2:30; Josh at 3:15 and Sierra at 6! Life doesn't get better than this!

Quote for the day from Trey while eating my Lemon Bars; “Eating Aunt Jan’s Lemon Bars is like riding down a mountain of joy, in a chariot pulled by a unicorn who is singing a beautiful melody while diamonds and gold statues of yourself are flying in your face.”-Trey Briccetti



No comments: