Friday, July 16, 2010

IT's SUMMER - WOO HOO

Summer! It doesn't get much better than this. Sunshine, fun things to do, great places to visit, friends & family, good food, cool water (for swimming or drinking, just be careful to pick the right one at the right time), the County and State Fair and beautiful, awesome weather. It really is hard to beat the summer months. Most of us long for them all winter long. I don't know about everyone else, but I have no idea where Spring went. We had Fall, Winter and Summer. I know Spring was in there somewhere but I sure missed it. I can't believe that we're already in mid-July. I looked up this morning and it's Friday already. Time is passing way too quickly. I can't seem to slow it down no matter what I do. I've tried relaxing in the evenings and watching fewer movies and reading more. I thought that might help. Although I'm really enjoying the change, it's not slowing time down.

@#%@#%$&!@#*)? Please excuse the cursing. I just lost 20 minutes of blogging I just completed. grrr!! I was just about to finish. Now, I'll wait until tonight to complete. I can't get my mind clear enough to finish now.

Okay, let's try this again. See, I'm smiling! Holiday Market - An annual event here in Lane County that we've tried participating in the past several years. But, you know the saying, "life is what happens as we make plans". Well, we're going to try again this year. We have all this sunny summer to get ready. Signs and crafts...right up my alley. It's such a stress reliever for me. However, I can't do it by myself. Ray is an integral part of the action, he has to get all the materials prepped and ready for my fun, crafty part. He does amazing joy in the prep work and by the time the product gets to me, all I have to do is have fun. Aaron keeps telling me that now that I've made about 100+ different signs I should decide on a couple a dozen and duplicate them and get a website going. The website is a great idea and I am going to do that. But, limit myself to a couple of dozen different signs. I don't think I have it in me. Everything around me gives me new ideas for signs. How do I not take it and run with it and see how it will turn out. There's also making very specific signs for specific people. I also love to give them away. Then there's the children's rocking chairs I want to do for friends kids. I have two in my garage right now. One for a friends little boy at work and a chair for a little girl. Then there's the baby doll cradle I'm doing for Josie in purples. This weekend I'm finishing an outdoor sign for a friend and her hubby, one I promised in January! Again, life's plans interrupted my plans but in the end...it all works out. Tomorrow is another day with a fresh new beginning.


And then there's lawn care! Ray and I will be married 40 years this December. Talk about time passing! I do believe that lawn care is his favorite challenge of the summer. He is determined to have the greenest, best kept lawn in any neighborhood we've ever lived in. He'll mow, water, fertilize; mow, water, fertilize all summer long. He takes great pride in having the most beautiful yard. And I must say, he's pretty successful.

This is to say nothing of caring for any rose bush in the yard. I don't think there's any place we've ever lived where he has not planted me a
"Double Delight" rose. We're renting right now and the landlord would prefer we don't plant in the yard. However, God in his infinite love and wisdom, provided the exact rose in Aaron & Kristin's front yard and they share them with me. The summer just continues to be sunny!


No comments: