Monday, July 5, 2010

Strawberry Cream Pie

Strawberry Cream Pie (the easiest recipe you'll ever come across.) Oh, by the way. I'm positing the recipe because Aaron has had several requests for the recipe.

The original recipe I use to make was made with sweetened condensed milk. However, that ingredient is positively a no-no for a diabetic, of which I have two in my family. So, as with other recipes they love, I began to "play around" (no, not literally!) and see what I could come up with that would taste as close to the "real thing" without the diabetic deadly ingredients. You can use any kind of fresh fruit. My guys however have always wanted the strawberries. I added the blueberries for the 4th of July for color. Now hubby has a new favorite.

1. Either bake a single crust (I always do two because it seems useless to me to bake only one). This a recipe for two pies. Or, use an already prepared graham cracker crust. (This will add some sugar but I have done it on occasion.) ;
2. Blend together in a mixer until creamy 3 - 8oz packages of non-fat cream cheese;
3. Add 1/2 cup Splenda and continue to beat until completely smooth;
4, Add 2 - 8oz Sugar Free Cool whip; blend until smooth
5. Pour into prepared crust of your choice and make a shallow indention to hold the fruit.
6. Cover and chill in fridge for about 1 hour.
7. Fruit prep: Wash and hull 1 pint of fresh strawberries, cut or slice anyway you choose. Add 1/3 cup Splenda and stir until blended. Chill
8. If you are planning to serve all 6 or 8 pieces (I wouldn't dare serve my guys 1/8th of a pie!) add all the fruit to the pie at once and slice to serve. If you are just cutting a few pieces I cut the pieces I need and add the fruit to each piece. It keeps the fruit from getting "mushy" and runny on the remainder of the pie. Actually, it's really easier to cut and serve the entire pie this way but not as pretty if you're making a presentation of your pie. Enjoy!

By the way, the tablecloth was purchased at Goodwill many years ago, my favorite shopping spot and the dishes I purchased at a close out for $.49 each. I love a good bargain that I can use. It's not a bargain just to buy it and have it.

If you read my previous blog, hubby and I just completed Goal #4, we accomplished Goal #5 yesterday and now it's time for Goal #6...expecting the sunshine any time now.

Looking forward to another beautiful week with friends, family and co-workers. See you all later, thanks for dropping in.


No comments: