Saturday, July 24, 2010

HUGE, WHITE, BLANK PAGE


Boy is this page ever white! It's amazing sometimes when I sit down to write how blank the page looks. Other times the challenge is not so great. Kinda like life right now. The unknown, the blank white page, is so enormous, and yet so small. That probably doesn't make sense to anyone but me right now (as I shrug my shoulder) but I guess it's my view and so that's okay. I know I'm rambling, but my blog, my privilege.

Feeling helpless and inefficient today. So much to do. The "should have been" list for what I should have been doing today is quite long. I should have been washing and cleaning the car, I should have been doing laundry, I should have been organizing my craft room, I should have been working on a rocking chair, I should have finished a sign, I should have, I should have, I should have. I did errands with Ray this morning, made pistashio pies and took one to Aaron and Kristin and then I did nothing. Couldn't seem to work up any interest. But, tomorrow is a new day so enough of that!

Okay, okay, Sunday and a new day. Little by little getting things done. Finally, a clean car. For the last week I've felt like Granny and the Clampets. The car was filthy and loaded with cleaning supplies. I hate a dirty car. I'm speaking of mine only, what you do with your car is your own business, Ray's more concerned with washing the outside, I don't think the car has been cleaned unless the inside and windows are clean. So, we teamed up this morning and got 'r done! Now we're both happy and had a great time outside together. I came in and drank my lunch (don't get your drawers in a twist, I had a protein drink) and Ray fried a ham sandwich...can you smell it?. It smells so yummy! We're having a glass of fresh iced tea and taking a break. Then, washing my kitchen down and then completing a sign for a friend. (It will be done when you come back to work Rita.)

Oh, and with any luck, I'll give myself a pedicure and manicure today! Yippee...it's the little things that mean a lot! It's a beautiful day! The sun is out, there's a breeze, sitting here with my feet up writing on my blog, hubby is napping (he doesn't think I've noticed) and puppy is napping at his feet. Now if I could just manage to get up an, get the controller and change the channel from FOX News to HGTV without waking them both up I'd really be on top of the world.

To our family in Maine, have a super great time together. Stay out of trouble Jon! Love you all and hope the weather holds so you can spend the week in the lake.If you have to stay in I know you'll have plenty to do and have fun. Tell Papaw and Nancy to get some great pictures. Can't wait to see the new family photo this year. Can't believe how you're all growing up so fast. Love to you all.


Well, time to get off here, see if I can take a 30 minute nap and then off to scrub down my kitchen and give myself that treat I promised myself!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Thanks for writing your blog, I enjoy it. We enjoy a clean car also. We sure spend a lot of time in it don't we, running around.
Now get with the crafting, the most fun of all! I wish I could craft, sew ,full time and not have to clean anything, but the "good housekeeping fairy" has not descended upon me yet.
Praying for your kid and ours. Life can sometimes be so hard. But trying to "Choose Joy" as Aaron has taught us recently. Love & Prayers, Ruth