Thursday, July 1, 2010

Thanking God

My hubby continually encourages me to be who I am and to use the gifts the Lord has given me. He, my hubby, is the best encourager in the whole wide world. Of course, according to him, I'm perfect. Sometimes I argue with him...sometimes not. Let him believe what he wants to believe, he knows what's true. It's really cool to have people in your life that see what you are capable of and encourage you to give it a whirl. I'd hate to think what my life would be without him in it. As I look forward to retirement next year we're looking forward to new adventures and spending more time together. Life has never been boring and I don't intend to let it begin now.

Well, anyway, whether a gift or not, one of the things I get great joy in doing is writing. Why did I stop? Sometimes the words just don't come. Sometimes they're not the words I want to put to paper. Sometimes they're words that I think people might not want to hear. But you know what? I enjoy writing, it's something I miss. So good, bad or indifferent I'm going back to it.

It feels good to have a voice again. (Don't get me wrong, having a mind of my own and sharing my views has never been a problem for me.) But, writing with a voice is different. When you're talking, you have the option of "clarifying" what you're saying if you can see that what you're saying is being misunderstood. When you're writing you don't get those verbal indicators.

I must say that in looking through some of my previous writings I can almost pinpoint exactly what mood I was in. I really had to laugh at a few of them. Some I was really, really ticked and it sticks out like a sore thumb. That gave me a real tickle. I was really, really ticked. Too bad I can't remember what I was ticked about. Guess I should make specific notations about what's going on when I write these things:)


No comments: